Thursday 18 October 2012

A successful business without marketing PART 1

By on 23:58

This is true and I understand you. Want to succeed in business without resorting to marketing and advertising.
You want your potential customers buy your products / services without you having to ask them. Without having to sell. And this is normal, you have experience in a specific area, but no experience in sales and marketing.
However, you should know that when you run a business, you also agree to become marketers. You need a system that will allow you to reach your customers, communicate the value of your business and sell your products / services.
Just recently, I had an interesting discussion with a friend who is designer of accessories for children. Julie cares about her business and she would love to say that its sales "take off" like a rocket.

I do not like marketing

In our discussion, I told him that one of the most important marketing assets of a company is its database of customers.
Here is an excerpt of our conversation:
Julie: "As informed consumer, I hate to receive advertising after a purchase. So I assume that my customers feel the same. '
Christian: "In fact, no one likes to receive advertising for products and services that do not interest us. '
Julie: "There are about two years, I bought a toy (for my daughter) a little shopping, and since that day, every month he sends me product offers by email. It's nice to think about, but I'm not interested in these products. So I always delete these emails without even reading them. '
Christian: "Okay. To begin with, marketing is all about communication. This person has added your name and email address in its database of clients in your first purchase. So, for each of the opportunities that arise, this person does not hesitate to communicate with its customers to share news, promotions, recall value proposition, new products / services, etc.. And this is a great way to maintain the relationship with its customers. However, this person should not prevent its customers to unsubscribe from your list. Usually, if e-mails are well organized, there should be a link that allows you to you to unsubscribe from our mailing list. Build a customer list is an excellent way to do marketing, however, you should never force anyone to stay on his list »
Julie: "Okay. I always delete these emails without opening them. In the next email, I'll make sure he takes me to his list. '
Christian: "This is a great idea. It is possible that one day you were for him a great potential client, but now your children have grown up, so you changed your tastes and your needs have changed too. I'm sure this person would rather not have you on the list if you have more interest in its products / services. For this person, his client list (past and potential) is a way to measure the response rate versus the number of potential customers in the list. If your name is still on the list even if you are no longer a potential client, you do not give service to man, and vice versa. '
Julie: "I understand. And why should I build a list of potential customers? '
Christian: "Because the day you meet a potential client is certainly not the day he will buy your products. If you have no way to communicate with that person after the first contact, it may very well forget you. It is important to communicate with him, and to keep abreast of new developments. '

1 comments:

  1. Communication is definitely key when dealing with customer service. It helps with feedback and building trust!!

    ReplyDelete

AddThis